More than 100 “everyday voters” showed up Khan’s campaign announcement, including former state Attorney General Douglas F. Gansler (D), Khan said.
About Hamza Khan
Khan was a fundraiser for former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign. He said he was responsible for raising Clinton “over a million dollars.” He’s been the president of Tamerlane Public Affairs since 2014, his LinkedIn page says, and he worked for Maryland Rep. John K. Delaney‘s 2014 re-election campaign.
A longtime political activist, well-known within Montgomery County progressive circles, Khan is the Montgomery County Muslim Democratic Club founder.
Mr. Khan 2005 graduate of Winston Churchill High School. He attended the University of Maryland, Baltimore County and Montgomery College. He lives in Potomac.
The District 15 Democratic primary
State Sen. Brian J. Feldman (D-Potomac) seeks re-election alongside his Democratic House counterparts, Del. Kathleen Dumas and David Fraiser-Hidalgo.
Feldman, Dumas and Fraiser-Hidalgo are forming an unofficial re-election pact. The three incumbents say they plan not to run alongside a non-incumbent.
A vacancy in the District 15 delegation exists because Del. Aruna Miller (D-Darnestown) is seeking the 6th District congressional seat.
A torrent of new candidates recently jumped at the opportunity to replace Miller in the District 15 delegation, including:
- Montgomery County Assistant Chief Administrative Officer for Economic & Workforce Development Lily Qi;
- Rep. John Delaney’s Montgomery and Frederick County District Director, Kevin Mack;
- Democratic activist Tony Puca;
- Air Force Reservist Amy Frieder;
- Former Congressional Quarterly researcher and reporter, Andy Van Wye;
- Education Consultant Jaye Espy;
- Montgomery County Office of Human Rights employee Anis Ahmed.